Whether your kids are in diapers, getting their driver’s permit or anywhere in between, they’re learning habits that will last a lifetime. This site is here to help you help them create healthy habits, which will serve them throughout their lives.
There are five main strategies that I use, in my home and with my clients:
- Lead by example– Your kids learn from your actions; what are they learning?
- Simplify your idea of healthy foods– Being healthy isn’t complicated or unattainable, for you or your kids.
- Give your kids choices, give them tools to make healthy ones– Involve your kids in the process of buying, planning and making food. Bring a sense of play into it, and they’ll be on board.
- Communicate and collaborate with your coparents and your kids– If you can, get everybody on the same page. If not, let’s work on setting boundaries and working with what you can control.
- Teach your kids about stress– Your kids are also learning about stress from you. You don’t need me to tell you that parenting is stressful (understatement alert!). Learning to de-stress is critical, for you and for them.
A healthy lifestyle is a collection of healthy habits. Start simple, choose one action you’d like to turn into a habit and focus on that one thing. When it becomes second nature, choose another action and repeat. Over time, you’ll adopt a healthy life that you enjoy and can stick to. Bringing your kids on board will take time, but it’ll probably be easier than you think.
Your health is the filter you experience life through. Giving your kids the tools they need to live a healthy life is one of the best things a parent can do. Let’s make it happen!
Free guides, videos and online classes. Whenever I have information that will help most people, I try to pass it along as a gift.
Simple, whole food recipes with clear directions and notes on how to adapt them for children. Most of these cook quickly and easily.
Articles, thoughts and tips to show easy and fun it can be to raise happy, healthy children.
Sometimes articles and videos aren’t enough. Sometimes you have specific questions or unique circumstances.
Feeling lost? Let's chart a course to better health!
This complimentary 15-minute video call will help you see your situation in a new light. Getting healthy is easier than you think.